- Get TAP demo account
- Purchase & activate cloudLynk devices for TAP PRO subscription
- Add a User to your account
- Reset Password
- Create and manage Crops and Products
- Manage Grower, Farm, Fields
- Before logging in to TAP on console for the first time
- Set up your TAP account (Manual import)
- Make use of these TAP features
- Create Fields
- Data Compatibility Matrix
- Manually upload Taskdata in TAP
- Upload Shapefile coverage data
- Add tasks manually
- Plan a task
- Create PDF report of a task
- Manage Grain Cart Data
- Import CSV format soil sampling data (Beta)
- Data Import: 3rd party displays USB export
- Manage Field Boundaries
- Manage Tasks, Prescriptions, and guidelines
- Custom Legends
- Data Storage and Sharing
- Manage Fleet
- Edit User Preferences
- Remote Support
Import CSV format soil sampling data (Beta)
There are different CSV formats available based on how the CSV file was created. Each format has a slightly different character encoding. Not all CSV files are supported in the beta CSV import in TAP. CSV data can be imported into TAP with the following conditions:
- .CSV or .csv file extensions only
- The file encoding MUST be UTF-8 compliant
- Comma-separated or semicolon-separated values only
- Only comma or dot can be used as decimal separator
- Do not use any thousands separator
- Character LF, UTF-8 U+000A as the line separator
- Quoted newlines are NOT supported
- Geographic coordinates MUST be expressed in WGS84
- UTM coordinates are NOT supported.
CSV File Header Format
- Columns for Longitude and Latitude are mandatory.
- The Longitude field is the first field found with one of the following names: "lon", "longitude", "east", "easting" in upper or lower case. For example, long, X, longi, etc will NOT be accepted.
- The Latitude field is the first field found to be with one of the following names: "lat", "latitude", "north", "nothing" in upper or lower case. For example, lati, y, etc will NOT be accepted.
- The header (first line) of the file MUST carry the name of the columns, separated by a comma or semicolon. If both separators appear in the header line, the first recognized is used as a field (column name)separator
- The header DOES NOT support field quoting to protect separators meant as part of the field name.
- CSV file must be part of a zipped folder.
- Press the Upload Tasks button.
- Drag and drop (or browse) the zipped folder containing CSV files.
- Wait for file processing to finish.
- CSV data will be imported as Unknown task type with GF structure as in Default Grower, Default Farm and csv file name is used as Field name
- All the columns with numeric data will be processed as a data layer
- Navigate to the Tasks tab
- Access the Edit task button
- Change task type to Soil Sample
- You can also edit other details like GFF structure, Task name, and Task start and finish time.
How did we do with this article?